Friday, December 24, 2004

 

Investing & International Finances


For the first time in about three years, my personal investments are up. In fact, if I were to sell off the portfolio and pay the commissions, I'd be ahead about 10%. It was a long slow decline from a profit of about 30% to a loss of 15%, but a fast return.

At the same time that my portfolio starting regaining steam, the U.S. dollar started falling against the Euro. $1.37 for a Euro the last time I looked. And China's economy juggernaut keeps getting bigger and faster.

Is there a connection there? I dunno. On one had I'm glad to see my personal money recovering, but the U.S. position within the international economy, it seems to these uneducated eyes, is faring poorly.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?